Tuesday, February 17, 2009

How are babies born???

Tonight we barely missed the discussion of how babies are born. Kirby got a call from his dad around 6-ish that a cow was about to deliver. Kirby has to be there to help lift the calves cause Howard has a bad back. Anyways it has been a snowy muddy mess. So they usually have to take the cows into a little shed to warm them up. So we got to the cow and she was facing the wrong way, by the time the boys and I got to the other side of the coral the calf was born. I figure they will figure it out with their dad's profession, I just don't want them knowing before I deliver our baby. Davis already asks too many questions.
So here is the new baby and my boys helping to clean the mud/poop off of it and get it warm. Such cute little farmers




4 comments:

Annie Empey said...

Dude, do your kids not know that it's winter? Davis is in shorts! They boys are so cute!

Me and The Boys said...

EWWW gross...but how cute! One of these non-sick days we should tak YOUR 4x4 out to see the new cows!

Morgan said...

Ya that 4X4 would get burried. I was in 4 wheel drive in Kirby's truck and I got nervous a few times!

Ju and Brack said...

Ha Ha! Loved your comment. We are planning on passing up John and Kate plus 8, JK. NO WAY! I understand being scared for us, it will be quite the adventure. I know it will be hard but we are SO SO excited. It was a SHOCK but we are happy! I will need some pics taken though thats for sure :)