Monday, May 19, 2008

Life Sucks Sometimes!


It has been a sad start to 2008 with our families pets. This cute little dog is my brother Seth's dog. Her name is Ashbury, but we called her Ash for short. She was a really cute dog, and she loved my brother like crazy. When he would take a shower, she would wait outside the door for him, and every time a door opened, she would come running, thinking it was him coming home. She was a really good, loving, licking dog! Yesterday she was hit by a car, or that is what we think, and we all are so sad. My mom said there wasn't a scratch on her, and she looked like she was just sleeping. Sometimes, life just sucks, and I am sure there is another explanation, but that is mine!

These next few pictures are of my dog Dez. Kirby and I got her shortly after we were married. She was the best dog ever. She absolutely loved the boys, and loved running around playing with them! When Davis was 2 he would try to ride her like a horse, and she would just sit there, and never once nipped or scratched. She was by far the best dog that I ever could of had for kids. Well, In the process of moving into our new house, we hadn't brought here over yet, and when Kirby went to go feed her, she had gotten tangled up in her chain. He brought her home, and I sat in the garage with her on my lap until she died. I have never been so sad before, and it still sucks! So my title to this post is the truth and I am not sure if any other title would do it justice. So I just wanted to pay tribute to two really great pets, that brought so much happiness to lots of people!

6 comments:

Bryndie said...

How sad about the dogs. It is almost like they become one of your children. My parents dog is not going to live much longer, getting to old. My mom and all of us are going to be devestated when that day comes.

Rozalyn said...

I think I am going to go cry now!!!!

Rozalyn said...

When I walked around the corner to the last row of dogs, inside that pound and saw those big eyes starring at me, I knew she was the perfect dog for seth.
It was like those cat eyes on Shrek, you can't help but fall in love with that little furry thing!

Benoit's said...

I am so sad for you. we almost lost our boxer dog last year because he ate my son's binky & it got stuck. We were able to save him but I felt so sad to think he may not make it....Hang in there

Marcie said...

Oh I am so sorry about your dog. I am one of those poeple who thinks pets are just part of the family. I'm sure your boys are so sad.

Ashley said...

Okay this post was enough to bring me to tears......;( I love dogs so much no matter who they belong too! I hate sad stories like this. Tell your brother I am very sorry for his sweet little loss and wish him a new puppy soon.