Monday, October 27, 2008

Star of the week!



Last week Davis was STAR OF THE WEEK! On Tuesday he brought his poster that he had colored, along with a show and tell item. So all day Monday I told him to think about what he wanted to bring to show, he never would say anything. That night when we were getting ready for bed, I asked him if he had decided, "YEP" He says, "What" I say! "A picture of Dez and my dream catcher!" "really" I say. "YEP" was his answer. So for the next 15 minutes I sit there trying to talk him out of the picture of Dez. I really didn't want him to be Debbie Downer. Plus he still tears up when he talks about her. He insists that these are the things he wants to bring. I agree, put him to bed, go find a picture of cute DEZ, and put it in a frame. So when I pick him up from school I ask the teacher how it went she said he was so cute. Mrs. Woodhouse pulls out the picture and very excitedly asks"Is this your dog?" Davis replies" Ya but SHE'S DEAD!" Oh SNAP is what I am thinking at that point. She then tells me how he comforts her by telling her"It's okay she is up in Heaven playing with her friends!" I told him before class that he couldn't cry and to not make everyone sad about Dez, and he said okay, I guess that he listened. Heaven always makes people feel better right?

3 comments:

Annie Empey said...

I love Davis, he's so frekin' cute! I loved being the star of the week - Good Job Davis!

Annie Empey said...

I meant freaking or fleaking in Kyron's words :-) not frekin'

Me and The Boys said...

That's too cute! You taught him right! Good job, Mom!