Sunday, June 8, 2008

70% done!

My husband picked up the trencher in St. George at 8:00 and drove home. Started trenching at 9:00 and we were on our way to St. George at 10:30 to return it. After we got home around 2:00, I helped shoveled out the extra dirt and we started laying the pipe. At the end of the day we were glueing the sprinkler heads on. I was pretty impressed with my little farmer. So we will finished the rest on Monday, then I and going to rake my guts out to get it level, and then we will be ready to plant. I am leaving town this next Saturday with the boys for 2 weeks, so I told him to plant the grass, so it can get a good start while the boys are away! (The little demolition partners won't walk all over it.)
Maybe I will see little green sprouts in a few weeks.

4 comments:

McQuivey said...

This is great, your yard will be all fancy and green by the time we get there! We can't wait. For some crazy reason these pictures of Kirby and my Dad made me TOTALLY homesick! I'm glad you get to go "home" for a couple of weeks too!

Me and The Boys said...

I'm impressed! you guys are moving quick on your yard....I can't wait to see your masterpiece come alive, b/c I know with you designing it..it will be photo-op city!

Melinda said...

Can you do my yard next? I am jealous! I am sure that your yard is going to look so nice when you are done.

Ann-Marie said...

Yeah for progress. We laid some sod here last saturday and it was snowing. It is snowing today again. I am jealous of your dry dirt. All we have now is MUD!