Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My new love....

I want this camera so bad. I was wanting the Canon 40D it had all the right specs, and it was only like 1299.00 so I figured that was a sweet deal. I went into Camera Country here in St. George and was talking to him about it, and he informed about this little baby!
The Rebel XSI
Alright let me just compare...
the XSI has 12.2 mega pixels
the 40D has 10.2
They both have a 3 in. LCD screen
The XSI has a new battery that holds a charge longer and a faster memory processor,
so you can shoot faster.
The 40D has all the old features that I like, but would like a upgrade.
And the best part is...
the XSI is only $800.00
and remember how much the 40D costs $1299.00
Plus to top it off, the guy said that he is just going to start stocking the XSI over the 40D, because he thinks that it is a much better camera. That made me feel much better, because these guys actually know what they are talking about, unlike Inkley's. So this is my reason to save money. Hopefully it won't take too long!
If anyone would like to donate to the XSI fund there will be an account set up at
Mountain America Credit Union under "poor wife wants an upgrade!!!"

4 comments:

Mikki said...

Chris got the Canon XTi for his birthday in September (40th). It's been great. Hopefully you won't have to wait until you are 40 to get the one you want. We love all the settings on it and how quick you can take pictures, definitely better than our smaller digital camera. Good luck with your fund :)

Me and The Boys said...

the camera sounds like a sweet deal....I already made my MACU deposit online....haha I think you could take a picture with a disposable water camera and it would turn out cute! Your page looks awesome!

Ashley said...

I was wondering why you asked me that. That is the camera I have. IT is the Rebel XTI (not XSI ;)) And yes it is fabulous!!! I went with the canon soley because I already had a canon digital videocamera and loved it's user friendly abilities. So I stayed with them for shear loyalty. My mom however got the Nikon d40 for Christmas and loves it just as much. i think they are really eqaul in abilities. The advantages of going with Canon is that all of there lenses and flashes are universal to all their cameras in case you ever upgraded again. The Nikons are specific to each camera. Also just a thought for you: check into the Ritz camera stores. I bought my rebel xti for only about $700 bucks adn they had a killer deal where I got the second larger lense for $1.00 if I bought the camera. I spent a total of about $1300 that day and got; the camera, two lenses, a case, lense protectore x4, one memory card, a tripod, an extended warranty, and a big smile!! So I would find a Ritz nearby and watch their deals they have. I hope you get one soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Everything is on the Internet. Please dont bash my employer company (Inkley's). I have a masters degree in photography, and a minors in Art Photography. I have been shooting professionally out of college for 8 years. I feel safe in what I know.

It hurts my reputation as well as my company's when people talk badly about us local.