Monday, May 26, 2008

4 day get-away (longest post ever)

Well it came and it went, and we are all tired, barely showered, and had a blast! It was a lot of fun to see the whole Roundy side of the family. This was our itinerary for the weekend...
Friday...
We set out for our adventure around 11:00, and after shopping a little in Cedar City, we arrived in good ole' Escalante, Utah around 2:30 My parents had gotten there a little before us, so we just hung around, rode some four wheelers, made my brother cry, and waited for the rest of the family to arrive. ( I gave him the picture of Ash and him, it had only been 5 days since she died, so he was still a little tender hearted.) Also we found out that my cousin Stacey was engaged, Yeah her finance's name is Brett, so now I have a uncle Bret, and a cousin in-law Brett
Stacey and Brett

Saturday...
Kirby, my dad, Drew, Alec, Bret, and Gordon got up an went to the hole in the rock monument. It is about a 2.5 hour drive out there on a washboard gravel rode, and there was only 1 truck so that limited the amount that could go. He took these pictures, and was so impressed that the pioneers did this. My cousin Alec and him hiked down to Lake Powell, and he said that the hike kept going and going. By the time they made it back up he was gassed.


Can you even believe that they went through this with wagons and horses. Kirby said that it was hard enough to hike up I can't imagine that. I am sooooo glad that I was born now instead of then.

Meanwhile... I was back at my grandpa's and had gotten up to go to the flag ceremony with my mom, sister, and aunt, and my two little shadows. We puttered around most of the day. There was a craft fair there that consisted on 5 booth's but I did manage to spend money. Later that night we went to the play that my grandpa had written, while Kirby and a few of my uncles and cousins stayed home and bought the UFC fight. So it was a pretty eventful day!
Watching the pool tournement
Sunday...
I "forgot" our church clothes, so we stayed home and picked up the house a little bit, while everyone was at church.We had lunch then started making list for my cousin that will be planning a wedding in Logan while her parents are in California. So we all took a job to help out. Oh did I mention the are getting married August 15, so they have about 2 months to do this.
Later that night, we had a big cookout and shot candy out of a potato gun. we stuffed the gun full of marshmellow's and had a contest to see if we could catch one in our mouths. UNSUCCESSFUL!! It soon turned into a marshmellow war between the boys so that is when Roz and I decided to take my aunt's motorcycle for a ride. (Ya right, I was barely able to stand it up for the picture) Later that night my aunt bought glow sticks for the kids and they played forever outside on the deck. We watched Dan in Real Life and a hilarious movie that my cousins made. Around 12:30 we hit the hay!

I think that we gave the gas station in town the most business, seriously who drinks that much soda! ( We do!)
This is my cousin Dallin, I did his hair for the movie.
Roz was trying to get Ky to stop crying, so she put on his coat, then she couldn't get it off, I am not sure that I would even be able to get it on in the first place!



Monday....
Much sadness filled the air when I informed my two boys that their dirt filled weekend was over and we had to come home. We said our goodbyes until next time, which should be this August, when we crash California Roundy style!!!


It was a fun weekend, but it is always good to come home and sleep in your own bed. I am sad that is is over, because now it means that my husband will be starting his 24 hour summer job as a hay farmer, so Kirby, I'll see you in 3 months!
Until next time... Peace out!

4 comments:

Me and The Boys said...

sounds like fun...we stayed here in the rain and did nothing! i loved going to escalante that one year....wonder why we never got asked back..oh yea my kid kept puking everywhere!

Rozalyn said...

I told you not to make seth cry! :)

Crazy Phillips Momma said...

Guess what my fav picture is? The 44 ouncers for sure. My kind of people. Looks like such a fun weekend, the red rock is beautiful.

Mikki said...

Looks like a great time. Those were some great pictures that Kirby took of the rocks and lake. Definitely beautiful.