Sunday, March 30, 2008

Reservoir

So today Kirby asked us if we wanted to go on a ride to the reservoir. I said sure, because I have never seen the little one full, and I don't think I have really been up and looked around since the flood! Ya I know it was 3 years ago, but hey I really don't like driving for no reason. We went there, and of course, I am in flips flops, and my boys take after their mother (sorry Howard) so they are wearing them too! We went to the big reservoir to look at the construction. Oh did I mention it was snowing/raining. So there is mud. But we went to see it and then we went and looked at the little reservoir we wanted to walk across it, but I wasn't sure which side I wanted to hold Ky on. The side that was 40 ft. deep with water or the side that had an over 40 feet drop off! We just decided to stand by the spill way! Anyways it was fun, so here are some pics!



Here is the big reservoir dam and the construction they are doing. Pretty far down huh, I was too nervous with the kids and went back to the pick up after this shot!








Here is the proof of the spillway running over,and that we are all wearing flip flops. It was cold, and Ky was in his pajamas at 6:00 at night. Ya I know we might have a little white trash blood in us!

1 comments:

Ashley said...

I am so glad you found my blog!! I cannot believe how old your kids are!! Geesh...are we aging or what! haha!