Sunday, March 23, 2008

Nightmare, to say the least!


Well, Karisti and I decided that on Saturday night we would get together, eat dinner and dye Easter eggs! Well, me being a mom of a 4 and almost 3 year old forgot all the things that you have to remember when you have a curious 20 month old! Well, The kids were playing downstairs and Karisti and I were upstairs finishing up preparing dinner. Jed and Kirby come inside with the steaks and Jed walks around the corner and we hear this! "Holy crap! what the heck is on Brayden's hands!" (I censored certain words!) So my first thought is blood, but no one was screaming. then I see it! I had left the storage room door open, and Curious George somehow found an can of black paint! (Exterior paint weather resistant) put his hands in it and I think decided that he didn't like it anymore! So he came upstairs to get help. At this point he has to walk past all 3 boys I might add, (of course they see nothing) and come up the stairs where Jed's sees him. As I was frantically trying to clean the carpet the thought popped into my head to grab my camera, then it flashed out quickly, because I mean whats more important, blogging or saving the carpet! So I added some black spots to the pictures that I took of the stairs today to show you what it looked like when we started!





The bigger black spots are where he had to put his had on the stairs to climb up, but I got a little dramatic with the other dots, they weren't that big. They were drops of paint as he climbed up the stairs. So Karisti ran with Brayden to the boys bathroom and got him cleaned up and Jed and I started wiping up. Kirby, let's just say chicken with his head cut off! He handles emergencies very well, when they don't occur in his personal space. So I am yelling orders (imagine that) I told Kirby to call his dad and get the carpet cleaning machine from the Store, except Howard is in the shower suds and all, so he hurrys and jumps out. In the mean time I have found what I am going to say is a miracle product!!!



Some people might think I am crazy, but that little bottle took the majority of it up before Kirby even got back. So when he arrived, it looked great. I used the machine and you can't even tell that anything happened!






So after about 45 mins of cleaning, we ate our dinner, and I must say it was worth the wait very good steaks boys! (but Karisti and I picked them out!) It was a eventful night so we finally got around to dying Easter eggs, and luckily Davis and Broc were the only ones the were into it! Needless to say Karisti and I were about arms length away the entire time. JUST IN CASE!







I also have to apologize, my kids are never in clothes, I try to keep them on them. At least I will be able to embarrass them with pictures when they are older!

At least he is so stickin cute!

It was a really crazy night, but it all turned out, and how many people can say that they lived through black paint on their 3 month old carpet! We survived, and Karisti and Jed, you are still welcome at our house, just remember , PAYBACK MIGHT BE RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!!

3 comments:

McQuivey said...

What a night! I can just imagine the chaos! Glad the paint came out, you would never even know that happened if you didn't have pictures!

Me and The Boys said...

Wo-that brings back horrible flashbacks......I wish we could've actually taken pics cause I really think it was worse! But, that could just be because my child did it! Oh boy what is in store for our futures?

Jodi said...

Phewww-there is never a dull moment at your house- huh. Looks like it never happened though. Glad you still had a good night.