Sunday, July 19, 2009

Elliott Bracken

Our little girl came to our family on July 14, 2009 @ 8:12 a.m. She was 7 lbs. 10 oz. 19 inches long and has the most hair out of any of my kids!
Elliott Bracken


Where to start well, I thought I was feeling labor pains Monday night so I hung around until 11:30 then we decided to go to St. George. I am always so afraid that when I get down there they will stop and we will have to come home. We got there and they got me hooked up the machines, and the contractions stayed. By the end of the hour of monitoring they checked me again and I was still a 4, but the babies head had descended and the doc on duty made the call to keep me because I needed antibiotics for Strep B. I was so happy, because that was one of my main concerns when I found out I had Strep B with this one was that I wouldn't have enough time to get the antibiotic in me before she came. So by 2:00 I had my IV in and they had the juice pumping in my system! Well no shortly after that my contractions almost completely stopped. I was concerned but they were not, they told me that once i got the first bag in my then they would call Dr. Lunt and he would break my water and then they would start the second bag. So at 6:00 Dr. Lunt came in broke my water and checked me, I was a 5. Dang I was starting to think this was going to be a LONG day! In the mean time a new nursing staff had came on duty and she told me as soon as I got the bag of saline in me then they would get my epidural. So at about 6:45 they call the anesthesiologist to come in. By the time everything was done it was around 7:15. AS I laid there patiently and anxiously waiting for the numbness to take over my nurse checked me and informed me I was a 9. Yep I have gone 4 centimeters in about 45 mins. So they had to put the catheter in me before I was numb, but at that point I was in more pain from the contractions so it didn't matter. The cute nurse that was assisting told them to get the anesthesiologist back here to get me a block. The other nurse came over checked me and then QUICKLY informed that there was no way he would get down here in time and I was going to have this baby. I had a little panic attack as I watched Dr. Lunt and 5 other nurses come flying into the room, pulling carts out getting Dr. Lunt dressed as fast as they could. All I could do was lay there and click the epidural clicker even though I knew it would do anything it seemed to calm me down a little. Kirby was very sweet, he could see the pain and fear I was going through and stood by me, I can't remember what he was saying but just o have him there was very comforting. They had me push through 5 contractions. The pain was muted a little from the epidural but boy did I feel so pain when her head and shoulders came out. I am grateful I was at least 1/2 numb I can't imagine nor do I want to having a natural birth. My body just progressed faster than the epidural could keep up, good to know, I have never had my water broken before, so now I know to have all hand on deck for next time! She was chubby faced when she came out and looked like a little Eskimo baby. She has been a eater from the first time I tried to nurse and has not stopped. WE are so lucky that everything went so smooth and that she is healthy and had no problems. The boys love her and we are absolutely in love and I think she already has her dad wrapped around her finger!


My labor was at night so my poor hay farming husband was going on 4 hours of sleep from the previous day!

After she was born we were a very tired group!

The boys seeing her for the first time and loving the hospital bed!

At home wanting to hold her non stop!

My dad seeing her for the first time and me meeting my nephew for the first time. Roz and Drew's baby boy Nash he is 3 days older than Elliott!

16 comments:

Emily said...

Soo sweet!!! I can't believe you went up north!! I can't even come see her!! I feel your pain, I had 2 without epidurals, OUCH!!!!!

Trevor and Katie said...

Congratulations, she is so cute. I love all of her hair.

Josie said...

She is sooo adorable. I am jealous of all her hair. My kids have both been pretty bald! Congrats!

Ju and Brack said...

I'm glad things went well even though the epidural was not complete. She is absolutely adorable. I love all that hair!!! Congratulations!

Jill Stones said...

Congrats on the beautiful baby girl!! Girls are so fun, especially after boys!! I loved to read your "birth"story. It is always exciting when babies are born! I am so happy for you!!

Rachelle said...

Wow, what a night huh? I bet your just glad to have her here, she is so adorable, cute cute cute!!! Crongrats

The Orgill Family said...

Congratulations!!!! She is beautiful. You are going to love having a little girl, they are so much fun.

Rachel

Colten and Megan said...

Oh my gosh... She is adorable! I love the long dark hair. Congrats. :)

LynDee said...

Congrats Morgan and Kirby...she is very cute! The pic of her and her cousin are so cute, and that is so fun to have such close cousins. Congrats again!

Serena said...

Congratulations Morgan! That's so fun to have Elliot & Nash so close together in age. She is beautiful! Have fun with your new little baby girl!

Mindi said...

Congrats! She is adorable. We are so happy for you. Maybe one day I will get a girl too!!

Pam said...

CONTRATS!! She is super cute. Karisti just told me about her news, and it made me think of you. Hope you are feeling well and getting as much sleep as possible, which probably isn't much! :)

Bryndie said...

She is Gorgeous! I can't believe all that hair, but hen again my are baldies. I am so excited for you, girls are too much fun, but drama drama drama!

Ashley said...

I am not sure why but it doesn't show on my blog when you update!!! So I didn't see this until now but she is stinking adorable Morg!!! Congrats!!!!!!

Molli Poliak said...

Your story makes me so excited and scared at the same time. How exciting!! She is so adorable. I love her spikey black hair and little flower you put on her in the hospital. Congratulations!

MS outlook 2010 said...

No Microsoft Office 2010 Key matter whether you want the display to your fellow workers or even pupils, by way of creating a organization sales brochure or personal invites with Office 2010 might make your very own graphic artist.Specifically inside the Office 2010 products Office 2010 Key preferred to change your own illustrations or photos. Get a large amount of eye-catching artistic results and innovative qualifications treatment device in your photograph retouching.Using Concept 2010 along with Manager, the new OpenType format gear Microsoft Office 2010 regarding contributing tricks on your wording.