Wednesday, March 11, 2009

All dogs go to heaven and come back right???


cause if not I am going to have one upset little boy! On our way home from Kaysville on Monday, we were ahead of the storm. By the time we got to Enterprise the clouds were getting heavier and you could see little rays of Sunshine breaking through. I was listening to the radio, but could hear talking. I turned it down and asked Davis what he was talking about. He said to me "I'm just talking to Dez!" (our dog that died Dec. 07) I said "Oh really what are you telling her?" "I was just telling her that she will be okay in heaven, and that Jesus will protect her. I told her she can play with Fraggles, (my childhood dog) Ash, (my brother's dog) Zip, (Kirby's childhood dog) and Princy (my mom's childhood dog) and she can come live with me again when Jesus comes back to earth." I just sat there. Here is my 5 year old giving me a lesson about the Resurrection, that I am sure he hasn't learned from me. The faith of a little child amazes me.

3 comments:

Me and The Boys said...

it's amazing the things they retain! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Looks like all of those will always be with him, like my setter is always with me.

Mindi said...

It's amazing what kids think about and what they understand at such a young age. Congrats on the girl!! It has been a while since I have checked your blog. That's exciting!!