Monday, March 16, 2009

3rd times a charm!


This was Davis' 3rd meet and he did awesome. I was so proud of him. He weighed in at 46 lbs. so it put him in as the smallest in his weight class. That didn't phase him though. The first match he came out fired up and pinned his opponent in under a minute. He has done really good at listening to Kirby and really seems to understand the different moves he has taught him. The second match was a little tougher, his opponent would stiffen up like a board every time he was put on his stomach, so it was hard for Davis to get him flipped over. He almost pinned him a couple times, but in the end won by points. The final match was my favorite, he came out took the kid down right off the bat, and pinned him in 30 secs. I really like those kind, there is too much anxiety watching and waiting to see what happens. I can't imagine when he gets into completion sports and high school. I now know how my parents felt all those years of me playing.

First Match

Second Match

Third Match

The end results!

GREAT JOB DAVIS!

3 comments:

Hudson Family said...

That is so cute, I bet that is so fun to watch! so perfect for little boys -what they love to do--wrestle!

Me and The Boys said...

CONGRATS Davis! I wish him and Broc were in the same grade....because I didn't see one of his matches...Good job Davis! YOU ROCK!

Rachelle said...

Good Job Davis! How's he liking it?