Monday, August 25, 2008

A week on the beach... I recommend!

My brother reported his mission on Sunday the 10th and after everyone came and left after his homecoming, we all piled into the 2 cars and headed for my house.
Day 1:
After a brief sleep of 4 hours for me we loaded up and headed for CA!!! My parents got us 2 condos on the beach for a week, and can I say that I highly recommend this!!! I forgot to take pictures of them, take my word they were awesome! We all headed to the beach about 10 mins after we got there. So much fun!




Silhouette pictures at sunset, we have been doing this since I was little.

Day 2: LEGOland

I think this is so much fun if your kids are between 36" and 50" because there are roller coasters and driving classes, 4D movies. My kids had a blast
Fun times at LEGOland
Davis and I on the roller coaster, this was the only one that Ky couldn't ride. Luckily he was passed out in the stroller.
Vegas made out of Legos, this is unbelievable, the had all these mini places made out of Legos. My battery on the camera died before I got a picture of the NYC skyline!


Day 3: Knottsberry Farm / Aquarium, Beach, Wii
On Wednesday, All the big kids went to Knottsberry farm, and my parents watched my kids! Thanks! We had so much fun, we all laughed so hard all day, were daring (Jake and I) and rode every GOOD ride 3-4 times. There were no lines. Seriously it was awesome. While we were there, My parents took my kids to the aquarium that is connected to Lego land. They had a lot of fun, then the swam, and Davis Mastered the Wii, and is a great at bowling and Mario Kart! (definitely got that from my genes!) It was a really fun day for everyone!




Day4: Beach, San Diego Temple Session
This day was a lot of fun, my cousins endowment session was at 4:30 so we all went to the beach for a couple hours int he morning. Then we divided up and went and shopped the boardwalk and farmers markets. Then it was off to the Temple. Can I just say that the San Diego temple is awesome, inside and out. The workers were awesome, after the session we went up the stairs out of the Celestial room that lead us to an atrium that was on top of the temple roof. Those of you that have seen the Bountiful temples atrium know what I am talking about, but this was up on top. It was so amazing, and beautiful! After the session we all went to a restaurant for the wedding dinner, and then the girls separated and went to help my aunts finish decorating.


Day 5: The Wedding Day
My cousins wedding was in the morning so we went to the wedding and then did pictures after and then we went to eat, then the condo's to change, then to the reception. It looked so cute, my aunt did a really good job. My cousin wanted a rustic theme, but it also had some elegance to it. There was a perfect balance of both it was really pretty, and the best part was that they served Costa Vida Salads for their dinner YUMMO! After the reception we headed back to the condos for a last minutes dip in the pool/hot tubs then off to bed!
Day 6: Go HOME :(
Tears filled the condo when I explained to my boys that we were leaving today! They wanted to stay longer. I would have loved one more day there too. I wanted to have one more beach day just to unwind from the wedding and really relax! Oh well, I loved every minute of it and I want to save my money to go every year!!!

8 comments:

Melinda said...

Heck yeah! Can I go with you next year?! That sounds like a blast! Take me! Take me! :)

Crazy Phillips Momma said...

So jealous. The beach looks awesome. Glad to see you had such a good time. The pictures at dusk are so neat.

Mikki said...

Isn't California fun. Wish we would have had time to hit the beach. You guys look like you had a blast.

Rozalyn said...

Just seeing those LEGOS of Vegas makes me excited to go there! Can't wait!!! Who took that temple picture? They freakin ROCK!!!

Ashley said...

Your temple pictures are amazing!! Seriously you have such a good talent at capturing buildings. I cannot seem to get the angles as right on those as you! THey look like they are straight out of a magazine and this temple is one of my favorites.

Ashley said...

Your temple pictures are amazing!! Seriously you have such a good talent at capturing buildings. I cannot seem to get the angles as right on those as you! THey look like they are straight out of a magazine and this temple is one of my favorites.

Me and The Boys said...

man--that looks darn fun! I'm glad your back though! Quit having so much fun without me! I get next!

Emily said...

I am so jealous. We need to do our girls vacay!!! The pics are awesome. You are so talented!!